To support library service
* 1. Shelve library materials.
* 2. Retrieve library materials.
* 3. Inspect materials to determine if repair is necessary.
* 4. Empty bookdrops
5. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Ability to learn basic library organization, terminology, and materials.
1. Basic oral and written communication skills.
2. Basic keyboarding skills.
1. Ability to file alphabetically and numerically.
2. Ability to continually reach, bend, stretch, stoop, and lift materials that can weigh up to 10 pounds apiece from a standing position for three to four hours a day.
3. Ability, for three to four hours a day, to retrieve and replace materials that can weigh up to 10 lbs apiece on shelves from floor level to seven feet high.
4. Ability to repeatedly push and pull shelving carts requiring up to 41 pounds of force for distances of up to 300 feet on a carpeted surface.
5. Ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds from one part of the library to another.
6. Ability to be available for three or four shifts a week, including working evenings and weekends, as scheduled
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
8. Ability to deal tactfully, courteously and effectively with patrons of all ages and with other employees.
*Essential functions of the position
Job requirements necessary on the first day of employment
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802