PURPOSE: To provide direct patron service at Library service desks or by telephone.
FUNCTIONAL AREAS: Under supervision:
* 1. Answer user's directional and reference
* 2. Perform circulation duties, including check-in, check-out, renewal, registration of library patrons, assessing and collecting fines and fees, and maintaining records.
* 3. Shelve and retrieve materials; mend, repair and clean materials; add and delete materials; maintain records.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Basic knowledge of good customer
2. Basic knowledge of, or ability to learn, library terminology and organization.
1. Basic oral and written communication
2. Basic math skills.
3. Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
1. Ability to file alphabetically
2. Ability to deal effectively with customers and other employees.
3. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
4. Ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
5. Ability to reach, bend, stretch, stoop and lift from both standing and sitting positions.
6. Ability to push a loaded book cart weighing up to 300 pounds on a carpeted surface.
7. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds, such as an armload of books.
*Essential functions of the position
Job requirements necessary on the first day of employment
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802