PURPOSE: Provide direct patron service at computer lab desk or by telephone.
FUNCTIONAL AREAS: Under supervision,
* 1. Monitor public use of the computers
in the lab.
* 2. Answer user's basic computer questions.
* 3. Collect money for printing and sale of computer disks.
* 4. Assist in computer classes as an aide.
* 5. Perform word processing tasks as assigned.
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Basic knowledge of good customer
2. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
3. Basic knowledge of the Windows environment.
4. Basic knowledge of, or ability to learn, library terminology and organization.
1. Basic oral and written communication
2. Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
3. Basic math skills.
1. Ability to develop and maintain
effective working relationships with customers and other employees.
2. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
3. Ability to communicate effectively.
4. Ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
5. Ability to reach, bend, stretch, stoop, and lift from both standing and sitting positions.
6. Ability to push a loaded book cart weighing up to 300 pounds on a carpeted surface.
7. Ability to lift materials and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds, such as a computer CPU.
*Essential functions of the position
Job requirements necessary on the first day of employment
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802