- 9-11 Commission Report - Full-text of the report prepared by The National
Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, covering
the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist
- Afghanistan Studies
- A directory of web resources related to Afghanistan, plus sections
on the Taliban, Osama bin Laden, and al-Qaeda.
- America Attack: Special Coverage - Extensive resources from FindLaw,
including official reports, statements, and press releases, applicable
chapters of the U.S. Code, government web sites, photos, and
- America's War on Terrorism - An excellent compilation of links
about the September 11th attacks, the aftermath, counterterrorism
efforts, previous attacks, and extensive background research
- Attack on America: Tuesday 11 September
2001 - Information by
subject categories about the terrorist attacks and its aftermath.
Subjects include Newspapers, Television, Radio, Photo and Video,
For Survivors, Government, Ready Reference, Transportation, Helping
Children Cope, and front page photos from newspapers around the
- Background Note: Afghanistan - Background Notes from the U.S. Department
of State. Updated November 2011.
- Bin Laden, Osama -- 1957 - Background and insight into Bin Laden's
life and motives from PBS Frontline's show Hunting Bin Laden.
for Disease Control and Prevention - Public health emergency preparedness and response
information from the CDC.
- CQ Press: Recent Terrorism Events - Information from a variety of CQ Press
sources about the September 11th attacks, including relevant
background information, news coverage, Middle Eastern religion
and religious concepts, terrorism and counterterrorism, and U.S.
- Hot Topics: Terrorism Attacks on the
U.S., September 11, 2001
- This site covers the terrorist attacks, and includes maps,
photographs, links to key government departments, NATO, the U.N.,
and links to current news.
- Iraq Study Group Report - Full text of the report prepared by
the Iraq Study Group, published in December 2006. Contains assessments
of the current situation in Iraq, and provides recommendations
that the Bush administration and Congress can use to consider
future direction of U.S. policy regarding Iraq. Copies also available
for check out at the Library.
- Islamic Studies, Islam, Arabic, and Religion - A scholarly overview of Islam and
related subjects, plus essays from Islamic scholars speaking
out against terrorism.
- Johns Hopkins University: Center for Civilian Biodefense
Studies - Information
and background materials on anthrax, botulism, plague, and smallpox,
including fact sheets this give details on how the agents are
spread, and on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Includes
an FAQ for the general public on bioterrorism concerns, including
issues such as gas masks and vaccinations.
- PBS: America Responds - This site from PBS offers analysis from Bill
Moyers and ongoing coverage of the attacks, plus an in-depth
look at the faith, culture, innovations and people of Islam.
- Ready.gov - This U.S. Department of Homeland Security
site discusses explosions, biological, chemical, nuclear, and
radiation threats, and suggests ways to prepare for them.
- September 11: A Memorial - A list of the people killed in the
September 11th attacks.
- Terrorism Law and Policy - A guide to documents published by
government and private research agencies about terrorism and
- USA.gov - An easy-to-search website designed
to provide a centralized place to find information from local,
state, and U.S. Government Agency websites.
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802