- Topics included are from the fields of earth & environmental
sciences, chemistry, physics and more. Includes a study center
with questions and answers, study guides, bibliographies and
essay topicsas well as many biographies of scientists. Based
on the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology.
- A selection of the latest news and analysis from the industry's
- Biosciences (Virtual Library) - meta-index of science information.
- Dinosauria - a comprehensive, searchable site of dinosaur
- Earthquakes (Yahoo) - lots of links to earthquake related
- Eric Weisstein's World of Science: A Wolfram Web
Resource - Includes extensive
encyclopedias of mathematics, physics, astronomy, chemistry,
and scientific biography. Biography section can be searched by
gender/minority status, branch of science, historical periods,
nationality, and prize-winners.
- Geology Link Page - Information for all levels of study in seismology,
volcanology, paleontology, and hydrology. Also includes Geo societies
directories and geological survey information.
- How Stuff Works - Explains and illustrates simply how many common
appliances, machines, and technologies work.
- Hubblesite.org - Special event coverage, including
the latest pictures from Mars, plus a 13-year archive of pictures,
news, and discoveries, and information about the Hubble Space
- Invention Dimension - devoted to American inventors and information
related to past and current inventors. Includes sites for kids,
copyright and patent information for inventors, and hot research
and development information.
- Inventors Hall of
Fame - searchable index
of inventions and inventors.
- Mars Exploration (NASA) - Follow the science, technology, and missions
in the exploration of Mars.
- NASA -
homepage of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Science Digital Library (NSDL)
- "NSDL provides educational resources for science, technology,
engineering, and mathematics education." Material is searchable
or browsable by topic.
- Periodic Table - complete information about all of the elements.
database - From the United
States Department of Agriculture, information about vascular
plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S.
and its territories. View a list of plants by state, or lists
of particular kinds of plants
- Rainforest Action Network - press releases, action alerts, rain forest reports,
rates of destruction, and why they're important.
- Rise and Set - Sun, moon, and visible planets rise and set
- SciCentral - a science metadirectory providing a gateway
to over 50,000 sites.
- Science.gov - "A gateway to authoritative selected
science information provided by U.S. Government agencies, including
research and development results."
- Science Reference Center - A comprehensive research database that provides
easy access to a multitude of full text science oriented content.
Part of ELM/Electronic Library for Minnesota; subscription provided
by the State of Minnesota.
Naval Observatory - One
of the oldest scientific agencies in the country, the U.S. Naval
Observatory is the "preeminent authority in the areas of
precise time and astrometry, and distributes earth orientation
parameters and other astronomical data required for accurate
navigation and fundamental astronomy.
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802