Click for: Duluth
- Arrowhead Regional Development Commission (ARDC) - Homepage for the regional development
commission for Northeastern Minnesota, with links to ARDC publications,
and many useful local sites.
- Biography File Index - This index lists the names of people included
in the Duluth Public Library's Biography Files. The Biography
Files contain information, mostly in the form of newspaper or
magazine articles, on people who have had some connection to
Duluth or Minnesota. Contents of the files can range from one
brief article to many articles and other pieces of information.
Developed and maintained by Duluth Public Library staff.
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area - comprehensive information from the
USDA Forest Service about recreational activities, entry points,
rules and regulations and maps. Includes a link to the BWCA online
- Businesses in Minnesota - Search business name availability
through the Secretary of State's website. Information includes
business start date and mailing address.
- BusinessNorth.com - The on-line version of the only publication
in northeastern Minnesota devoted solely to regional economic
news. Includes searchable archives back to 1992.
- Cityfreq - A list of Minnesota scanner frequencies
- Compare Minnesota
- Searchable online database offering the detailed and comprehensive
profile of our economy and population anywhere.
- Datanet is an online information system consisting of summarized
statistical information serving governments, businesses, schools,
nonprofit agencies and citizens. The system contains statistics
about social, economic, economic and demographic conditions in
Depot - Officially known
as the St. Louis County Heritage and Arts Center, this building
houses three museums, including the famous Lake Superior Museum
of Transportation, and four performing arts organizations.
Newspaper Index - A subject
index to articles of regional (northeastern Minnesota and northwestern
Wisconsin) interest that were published in the Duluth News-Tribune
and the Duluth Herald. Choose from articles published
from 1893-1929 or from 1988-1995. Information on purchasing photocopies
of articles is included. Developed and maintained by Duluth Public
- Explore Minnesota - homepage for the Minnesota Office of Tourism.
Lakes and Seaway Shipping
- Information on Great Lakes vessels, facts and figures about
shipping on the Great Lakes, daily news updates, plus links to
other great shipping sites.
- Great Lakes Aquarium - Visit America's only All-Freshwater
Aquarium and follow the many links to more information about
the Great Lakes.
- LawMoose - A searchable directory of key Minnesota
law sites grouped into categories such as "Constitution,
Statutes, Rules, Ordinances," "Courts," "Court
Rules," "Bar Associations," "Minnesota Law
Firms & Lawyers," "Understanding the Law,"
"Forms," "Law Schools & Libraries," and
- Minneapolis Photo Collection - A searchable collection of approximately
10,000 photographs from Minneapolis Public Library's historical
photo collection. Includes some Duluth pictures.
- Minnesota Attorney General's Office - Consumer information, news and issues,
charities, and information on how to contact the Attorney General's
Community Profiles -
Economic profiles of Minnesota communities put out by the Minnesota
Department of Trade and Economic Development.
- Minnesota Construction Codes
- Minnesota Department of Corrections - Information about state facilities,
full-text of department publications, statistics, and offender
Department of Natural Resources
- Homepage for Minnesota's DNR. Includes information about state
parks and forests, hiking trails, canoe routes, hunting and fishing
information, including licenses and regulations, plus full-text
of many DNR publications.
- Minnesota Extension Service - access to publications put out by
the MN Extension Services covering gardening, natural resources,
family development and more.
- Minnesota Historical Census - Historical (1900-present)
- Minnesota Historical Society - Information about the Society's exhibits, libraries
and collections, educational programs and book publishing.
- Minnesota History - Index to volume 1 (1915) - present of the Minnesota
Historical Society's quarterly magazine.
- Minnesota Magazine Index - An index of articles on local and
statewide politics, news, current events, history and the arts
that appear in nine Minnesota magazines, produced by the Minneapolis
- Minnesota North Star - Official website for the State of
- Minnesota Place Names - An online encyclopedia of place name information
on Minnesota's cities, towns, townships, lakes and streams, based
on the book.
- Minnesota Political Desktop - Designed to provide one click access
to the most visited and frequently updated online political,
public policy, and news resources in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Population Estimates - Annual population and household estimates
for counties, cities and townships from the Minnesota State Demographic
- Minnesota Pronunciation Guide - A guide from the Associated Press
on how to pronounce Minnesota names, including members of the
Legislature, town names, sports player names, and names in the
- Minnesota Reflections - A digital collection of the state's unique resources
and special collections, from over 125 libraries, archives, historical
societies, and museum.
- Minnesota Reflections - Duluth Public
- Atlases, maps, and books that record and reflect the early
history of Duluth and Northeastern Minnesota.
- Minnesota Rules - Access to the Minnesota Rules by Agency/Department,
rule chapter, or specific rule.
- Minnesota State Parks - Maps and information about every State
Park in Minnesota, plus information about fees, reservations,
activities, and more.
- Minnesota State Register - Current and past issues of the Minnesota
State Register, which includes Minnesota rules, Official Notices,
Professional, Technical and Consulting Contracts, and State Grants
- Minnesota Statutes - Current Minnesota Statutes, Minnesota Session
Laws since 1994, and the Minnesota Constitution.
- Minnesota Volunteer - subject access to the Minnesota DNR's
publication since 1973, plus full-text of some current and recent
- Minnesota HealthInformation - A guide to health care quality and
cost in Minnesota.
- A gateway to over 36,000 different community resources for
Minnesotans of all ages. Includes topics such as health care,
childcare, retirement, disability, education, job training, and
more. Search by zip code or city name to find resources available
in your area. .
Construction Codes -
"The one stop for information."
- Minnesota's Historic
Shipwrecks - a wealth
of information about Minnesota shipwrecks.
- Up-to-date information about road construction projects, travel
advisories, road conditions, and more.
- Mnopedia - An online encyclopedia about Minnesota
created by the Minnesota Historical Society.
- MPR - Minnesota
Public Radio program schedules and information.
- The Munger Trail - information and maps for the 69 mile
trail between Duluth and Hinckley.
- North Shore Visitor - "Your lodging & vacation guide to Minnesota's
North Shore of Lake Superior!"
- Northeast Minnesota Historical Center - Information about the regional archives
that are jointly maintained by the University of Minnesota-Duluth
and the St. Louis County Historical Society. Browse
the guide to the collection here.
- Northern Images - view or save color photographs from Duluth and
- NorthShore Inline Marathon - Marathon information, course map, registration,
race results, and more.
- NorthStar- State of MN - includes links to MN government sites and select
Federal sites; directories of MN officials; toll-free numbers
for many agencies; MN job information, including MN JobBank;
road conditions and weather; "Consumer Connection"
from the Attorney General's office, and more.
- Regional Magazine Index - A guide to articles of regional interest that
appeared in area publications. Developed and maintained by Duluth
Public Library staff.
- Resources on the Minneapolis I-35W Bridge
Collapse - Courtesy of
the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library.
- Roadside Architecture - Minnesota's roadside attractions.
- Saint Louis County - homepage for St. Louis County with links to
many local and statewide sites.
- Saint Louis County Zoning Ordinances - Full-text of the current zoning ordinances.
- Superior Hiking Trail Association - trail information, trip planning and
links to other related sites.
- Superior National Forest -a "virtual visitor center"
for the Superior National Forest. Includes information on all
types of recreational activities plus a lake finder for the BWCA.
- Unclaimed Property - From the Minnesota Department of Commerce, a
list of unclaimed properties, and information about how to file
- Visual Resources Database - Search the image collection of the
Minnesota Historical Society.
National Park - Located
in International Falls, MN.
- War Casualties and P.O.W.s - An index to information published in Duluth
newspapers on some of the military personnel from the Duluth
area who were killed or captured during World War II and the
Korean War. Developed and maintained by Duluth Public Library
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802