Minnesota Legal Links
- Ask a Law Librarian - Send a question to a law librarian at the Minnesota
State Law Library
- FindLaw: Forms - Minnesota - Court forms specific to Minnesota
- Landlords and Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities - Summary of the laws that govern the
landlord-tenant relationship in Minnesota.
- Designed for low-income Minnesotans who need help with civil
law problems, this site provides answers to legal questions,
contact information for legal aid offices, links to courthouses,
and local community organizations.
- LawMoose - A searchable directory of key Minnesota
law sites grouped into categories such as "Constitution,
Statutes, Rules, Ordinances," "Courts," "Court
Rules," "Bar Associations," "Minnesota Law
Firms & Lawyers," "Understanding the Law,"
"Forms," "Law Schools & Libraries," and
- MALL (Minnesota Association of Law Libraries)
Internet Reference Guide
- Legal web sites organized by categories, including Minnesota,
Local Government (MN), Federal, Other States, Comprehensive Sites,
Indexes and Search Engines, Law Schools, and Libraries.
- Minnesota County and Municipal Ordinances
- Minnesota Court Forms - State-approved court forms provided free of
charge from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
Department of Corrections
- Information about the department, a list of frequently-called
numbers that includes Correctional Facilities around the state,
and an offender locator. Also includes links to other states'
Department of Correction offices.
Judicial Branch - Links
to court cases, court calendars, law libraries, court rules,
court forms, self-help center, and more.
- Minnesota Real Estate Forms - Uniform Conveyancing Blanks from the
Minnesota Department of Commerce. Forms provided include Warranty
Deeds, Quit claim Deeds, Mortgages, Contracts for Deed, and more.
- Minnesota Rules - Access to the Minnesota Rules by Agency/Department,
rule chapter, or specific rule.
- Minnesota State Law Library - Access to the library's catalog, annotated
legal research links, links to other Minnesota law libraries
and other state law libraries. Can also search library catalog
to see holdings for St. Louis County Law Library.
- Minnesota Statutes - full-text of the Minnesota Statutes.
- Minnesota Trial Court Public Access - search Minnesota county court records
- St. Louis County Law Library
- St. Louis County Recorder's Office - Real estate records.
- Self-Help Center
- From the Minnesota Judical Branch, a website designed for people
who are reprsenting themselves in a Minnesota District Court.
Includes information about family law, landlord and tenant issues,
probate, wills, estates, and more.
Bankruptcy Court: District of Minnesota - General bankruptcy information and case search
General Legal Links
- Canadian Laws - Department of Justice - the statutes, codes and regulations
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations - Search by abbreviation or title for
publications and legal abbreviations.
- Code of Federal Regulations - divided into 50 titles which represent
broad areas subject to Federal regulation. Searchable.
- Court Forms - Free state-approved court forms published by
the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- FindLaw: Forms - A well-organized directory of links to over
8,000 legal forms.
- FindLaw: Internet Legal Resources -Full-text searchable database of all
law reviews and journals on the internet, plus links to state
and fedeal resources, legal news, forms, organizations, law firms,
lawyers, judicial opinions, case law, and more.
West Legal Directory
- Search for lawyers or law firms by state or by practice area.
- Guide to Law Online: Nations of the World - From the Law Library of Congress,
a collection of legal links to countries and territories around
the world. Includes links to constitutions, general legal guides,
specific country information, and executive, judicial , and legal
- Internet Law Library - Originally maintained by the U.S. House, this
site has links to over 7,500 law related resources, including
federal, state and territorial laws, international laws, laws
of all jurisdictions arranged by subject, attorney and legal
professional directories, and access to the U.S. Code and Code
of Federal Regulations.
Supreme Court Cases -
This site features a browsable list of summaries, diagrams of
how each case moved through the courts, opinion excerpts, classroom
activities and information about the impact of each case.
Directory from Martindale
- search by individual, law firm or location to find information
on over 900,00 lawyers and law firms in the U.S., Canada and
some foreign countries.
- Legal Research on the Web - a comprehensive site with links to
legal search engines, directories, full-text constitutions, laws,
legislation and regulations, government information, international
law, law schools and bar exams, and reference sources.
- Meta-Index for U.S. Legal Research - links to most of the searchable legal
indexes and legal sources on the Web.
- "On this site,
you can find, review, and submit comments on Federal documents
that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register,
the Government's legal newspaper. As a member of the public,
you can submit comments about these regulations, and have the
Government take your views into account." From the U.S.
Government Printing office.
- Statutes and legislation - links to available state statutory
- State Law Page
- good source for state and local government information.
- Tribal Court Clearinghouse - A project of the Tribal Law and Policy
Institute, this site provides links to tribal courts, constitutions,
laws and codes, court decisions, and Indian law review articles,
plus information on tribal Federal and State relations.
- U.S. Code
- Search the code by keyword, title, chapter, or rule number
- U.S. Courts Finder - Information on federal Bankruptcy Courts, Courts
of Appeals, District Courts, and other court offices.
- U.S. Federal Laws
- From the Internet Law Library, links to the U.S. Constitution,
Code of Federal Regulations, Congressional Record, and more..
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802