- American FactFinder - Your source for population, housing, economic,
and geographic data.
- American Memory - Historical collections for the National Digital
Library including photographs, manuscripts, rare books, maps,
recorded sound, and moving pictures from the Library of Congress.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - links to the most requested series,
including Consumer Price Indexes.
of Federal Domestic Assistance
- "A government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects,
services, and activities which provide assistance or benefits
to the American public. It contains financial and non-financial
assistance programs administered by departments and establishments
of the Federal government.
of U.S. Government Publications
- Search full-text records of U.S. Government Publications from
1994 on up to the present.
- County Business Patterns, Annual survey of Manufacturers, International
Trade Data, Building Permits, and more.
- Census Bureau
- statistics and maps for U.S. demographic information.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - health information and statistics,
travelers' health information and news.
- Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of
Foreign Governments -
Published and updated weekly by the Central Intelligence Agency.
of Duluth - the City
of Duluth's official website
- Code of Federal Regulations - full text and searchable.
- Congressional Record
- Constitution Resources - A comprehensive site about the Constitution,
that includes information about how it was created and ratified;
biographies of the Founding Fathers; and the capability to search
the Constitution and find relevant passages and explanations.
Price Indexes - Monthly
data on changes in the prices paid by urban consumers for a representative
basket of goods and services.
- Diplomatic List
- A list of missions in the United States with names of members
of the diplomatic staffs and their spouses.
Public Library U.S. Government Documents Catalog - U.S. Government holdings at DPL from
- EmbassyWorld.com - A directory and search engine of the world's
embassies and consulates.
- FAQs of the U.S. Government - Easy access to government information
grouped by topics of the most frequently asked questions, plus
links to FAQ pages of specific government agencies.
- Federal Digital System (formerly GPO Access) - one-stop point for federal government
- FedbizOpps - "The single government point-of-entry
for Federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000."
Election Commission -
Official source about campaign financing for U.S. President,
Senate, and House of Representative elections. The database allows
searching of financial disclosure reports, candidates, individual
contributions, committees, and PAC data.
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council
(FFIEC) - links to the
regulatory agencies of the FFIEC plus complete information about
- The Federal Register - searchable from 1994
- Fedstats- One Stop Shopping Federal Statistics - statistical information from over
70 government agencies.
- Foreign Consular Offices in the United States - A list compiled by the U.S. Department
- Governments on the WWW - a worldwide index to most official
government Web sites and the various departments for that government.
- A directory of links to local, state, federal and world government
information. Includes shortcuts to the information most frequently
- GPO Monthly Catalog
- Covers all types of U.S. government documents, including Congressional
reports, hearings, debates,and records; judiciary materials;
and documents issued by executive departments. Part of ELM/Electronic
Library for Minnesota; subscription provided by the State of
- Historical Statistical Abstracts - Text of the annual U.S. Census Bureau
publication from 1878 to the present. Not all years are available,
but are being added as historical records become available.
Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Information about HMDA, guides to filing reports, and access
to online public data.
- How Do I Contact? - a list of names, addresses, phone numbers, fax
numbers and e-mail addresses of selected Federal, State, County
and City officials. Developed and maintained by Duluth Public
- Minnesota North Star - Official website for the State of
- Minnesota Rules - Access to the Minnesota Rules by Agency/Department,
rule chapter, or specific rule.
- Minnesota Statutes - Current Minnesota Statutes, Minnesota Session
Laws since 1994, and the Minnesota Constitution.
Codes Online - a growing
list of links to over 150 municipal codes in 38 states.
Guidelines, Research, and Measurement - Features the current poverty threshholds from
the Census Bureau, and the guidelines as published in the Federal
Register. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Recovery.gov - The Federal government's stimulus
- Recovery.org - A site developed to track the flow
of stimulus funds.
- Regulations.gov - "On this site, you can find,
review, and submit comments on Federal documents that are open
for comment and published in the Federal Register, the Government's
legal newspaper. As a member of the public, you can submit comments
about these regulations, and have the Government take your views
into account." From the U.S. Government Printing office.
Louis County - homepage
for St. Louis County with links to many local and statewide sites
- Savingsbonds.gov - The official source for savings bond
information, including a redemption value calculator.
Institution - Online
resources from the Smithsonian Institutions, plus links to its
- Social Security Administration - includes history, benefit information,
laws and regulations, personal earnings and benefit estimates,
- State and County Quick Facts - Quick access to frequently requested
Census Bureau information at the national, state and county level.
- State and Local Government on the Net - A directory of official state, county
and city government websites.
- Comprehensive and comparative information on the public policies
of all 50 states. This includes current and archived news, and
background information about the states and their governments.
Also available are statistical data tables including budget and
taxes, crimes and prisons, education, population, and more.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - Full-text of the current edition as
well as historical editions back to colonial times.
- Statutes and legislation - links to available state statutory
- THOMAS-Legislative Information - full-text of bills from the current
105th Congress, as well as 104th and 103rd.
- United Nations
- news, documents and publications of the United Nations.
- United States Code - A searchable database generated from the most
recent version made available by the US House of Representatives.
Access by list of titles, table of popular names of laws, specific
section, or keywords. Includes full text of codes and notes,
topical overviews and references.
States Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions - A geographic directory from the U.S.
Department of State
- United States Government Manual - Provides comprehensive information
on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches,
as well as information on quasi-official agencies; international
organizations in which the United State participates; and boards,
commissions, and committees. Searchable from the present year
back to 1995.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office - information, forms and searches.
- USGS -
Homepage for the U.S. Geological Survey, including links to digital
maps, orthographic maps, aero charts, nautical charts and topographic
maps for the entire United States.
Copyright Office - Copyright
information from the official source. Includes application forms,
information on licensing and registering a work, copyright law,
fair use, specialized material copyrights, duration of copyright,
- U.S. Department of State - publications, consulates, embassies and more.
- U.S. Government Online Bookstore - The official online bookstore for
U.S. Government publications available for purchase from the
Government Printing Office.
- U.S. Post Office
- zip codes, postage rates and information.
- USA.gov - An easy-to-search website designed
to provide a centralized place to find information from local,
state, and U.S. Government Agency websites.
Forest Service - This
site is a portal to the official web sites of the 155 National
Forest Lands and 20 National Grasslands across the country. Browse
the listings via an interactive map, or by name, state, or region.
The library provides full-text of recent Forest Service publications.
- Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents - Statements, messages, and other Presidential
materials released by the White House dating back to 1993.
- White House - press releases, calendar, documents and tours.
The following sites are listed
for information only. They may be reached using the Internet computers
at the Main Library:
- Davis Bacon Wage Determination
Decisions - Wage Determinations made by the U.S. Department of
Labor under the mandate of the Davis-Bacon Act and related legislation.
The Department determines prevailing wage rates for construction-related
occupations in most counties in the United States.
- STAT-USA - more than 3,000 economic
and trade-related files.
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802