Tolls - A site committed
to providing consumer oriented information about the telecommunications
industry. Easy-to-use charts compare long distance, calling card,
and toll free rates. There is also information about reading
a telephone bill and understanding monthly charges, avoiding
scams, and stopping telemarketing calls and mail.
- AnnualCreditReport.com - This central site allows you to request
a free credit report, once every 12 months, from each of the
nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian
- Appliance411.com - General home appliance information,
with sections on purchasing, home service, repair parts, and
links to major home appliance manufacturers.
Index - An index to articles
in most of the popular, widely read automotive publications since
- Better Business Bureau - A searchable directory of Better Business Bureaus
in the U.S. and Canada.
- The Catalog Site - searchable and browseable mail order catalog
- Consumer.gov - A "one-stop" link to a broad
range of federal information resources available online.
- Consumer Action Website - Based on the 2006 Consumer Action Handbook,
this site features general advice and information on how to solve
consumer problems, as well as addresses, telephone numbers, and
websites where you can file consumer complaints.
- Consumer Credit Repair - Direct links to the home pages, 800
telephone numbers and other contact information for the three
major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and Transunion) in the
Guide - Consumer Guide
- Consumer Price Indexes - Monthly data on changes in the prices paid by
urban consumers for a representative basket of goods and services.
- Consumer Reports Online - Ratings, reviews and articles to help
consumers make informed choices. Subscription provided by the
City of Duluth/Duluth Public Library.
- Finds the best product reviews, analyzes their picks, and identifies
the best products. Picked "Best expert product review site
on the internet" by PC World.
- Consumer's Resource
Handbook - The online
version of the this publication is divided into two parts, Buying
Smart, and a Consumer Assistance Directory.
- ConsumerWorld - links to scam alerts, product recalls, consumer
agencies, Better Business Bureaus, consumer resources and consumer
- Edmund's Automobile Buyer's - Used and new car price guides, safety information,
plus access to background checks on used vehicles through VIN
- A consumer site that provides unbiased opinions and reviews
from user members about a broad range of products, services,
and travel destinations. Links to professional reviews and buying
guides also provided.
- Federal Citizen Information Center - a U.S. government web site for consumer
information. Full-text of hundreds of consumer-related pamphlets.
- FloodSmart.gov - Official site of the National Flood Insurance
Program. Information about flood insurance, preparing for floods,
and flood recovery.
- GasBuddy.com - Find daily high and low gas prices
for cities in the United States and Canada.
Products Database - health
and safety information on household products
- Identity Theft
- The government's web site for information about identity theft.
Includes information about how to protect yourself from it, what
to do if you are a victim, how to file a complaint, and links
to federal and state laws.
- Insure.com - This site offers quotes from insurance
companies, company information, policy information, benefit analysis,
plan guidelines, premiums, and the latest rankings from Standard
& Poor's, and Fitch.
- IntelliChoice - a useful site from the publishers of The
Complete Car Cost Guide that provides information about
new or used cars, trucks, and vans. Includes detailed dealer
pricing, complete ownership costs and tips on the best buys.
- Kelley Blue Book New Car Prices and Bluebook Values - new and used car prices.
- A bibliography of federal, state, consumer and news resources
about identity theft.
- Minnesota Attorney General's Office - Consumer information, news and issues,
charities, and information on how to contact the Attorney General's
- NADA Used Vehicle Values & Appraisal
Guides -The online database
of the National Automobile Dealers Association provides retail
price for used cars, trucks, boats, recreational vehicles, motorcycles,
ATVs, snowmobiles, motor homes, trailers, campers, and personal
- National Do Not Call Registry - Information on how to register your phone number
or how to file a complaint.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - provides access to vehicle and equipment
information, crash test results, DOT hotlines, airbag information
and other safety related issues.
Air - Schematics - Schematic
diagrams for vintage radios.
- Sam's PHOTOFACT Index - Find out the Sam's number by entering
the brand name and model number.
- Sears PartsDirect - a database of more than 4 million parts, accessories,
and owners manuals for appliances from more than 400 manufacturers
that are available for purchase online.
- A good consumer site, sponsored by the Public Interest Research
Groups (PIRGs), offering advice on credit cards.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway - is a "one-stop" link to a broad range
of federal information resources available online. Locate information
by category, such as Food, Health, Product Safety, Your Money,
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802