- American Stock Exchange - direct link to the American Stock Exchange.
- BBER: Business and Economic Research
- UMD - BBER collects,
analyzes and disseminates information regarding the economy of
Duluth, Northeast Minnesota and the State of Minnesota.
- Better Business Bureau Web - a searchable directory of Better Business Bureaus
in the the U.S. and Canada.
- Business.com - A business specific search engine
plus an expansive directory of business-related web sites. Also
includes profiles of dozens of industries, over 64,000 company
profiles, news stories, events, and associations.
- Business.gov - "The official business link to
the United States Government." Includes information about
business laws, finances, employees, government contracting, taxes,
and international trade.
- Business Source Premier - the worlds largest full text business
database, covering virtually all subject areas related to business.
This database provides full text (PDF) for more than 350 of the
top scholarly journals dating as far back as 1922. This database
is updated daily. Part of
ELM/Electronic Library for Minnesota; subscription provided by
the State of Minnesota.
- Businesses in Minnesota - Search business name availability
through the Secretary of State's website. Information includes
business start date and mailing address.
- BusinessNorth.com - The on-line version of the only publication
in northeastern Minnesota devoted solely to regional economic
for Economic Development - UMD
- "Provides free help with business plans, strategic planning,
Internet marketing research, small business loans, financial
ratio analysis, profitability, new product development and more
for clients in northeastern Minnesota. "
- Chamber of Commerce.com - A searchable directory of U.S. and
Foreign Chambers of Commerce, U.S. and Foreigh Tourist Information
Bureaus, and U.S. and Foreign Embassies.
- Consumer Price Indexes - Monthly data on changes in the prices paid by
urban consumers for a representative basket of goods and services.
- EDGAR Database - a searchable database of the information companies
file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Portal - Information
about exporting from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- FedbizOpps - "The single government point-of-entry
for Federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000."
Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Homepage for the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve System
- Foundations & Grantmakers Directory
- links to foundations,
grantmakers, and other related sites.
- Foundation Center
- links to private, corporate and community grantmaking sites,
philanthropic organizations, government funding resources and
tips on fundraising.
- Historical Stock Quotes - Get a stock's closing price for any date as
far back as January 1985, or view a 2-month historical chart
of a stock.
- information on the largest 10,000 public and private U.S. companies.
Provides company name, key personnel addresses, and sales.
- How Much Is That Worth Today? - Compare the purchasing power of money
in the U.S. (or colonies) from 1665 to any other year, including
- Industry Research Desk - An extensive set of online tools for researching
industries, markets, companies, and manufacturing processes.
Also includes useful step-by-step guides to finding information
on a specific industry or company, including information on related
print resources available in many libraries.
- Inflation Calculator - converts values of currency from 1800
- IPO Central - Find out what companies are about to go public
- ISO Online
- learn all.about ISO 9000 and how it applies to your organization.
- MacRae's Blue Book
- Detailed product and company information on over 120,000 American
and Canadian manufacturers.
- Mergent News Reports - weekly updates to Mergent News Reports.
- Nasdaq Stock Market
- direct link to the Nasdaq Stock Exchange.
- New York Stock Exchange - listings of member companies, the Exchange's
Annual Report, closing prices, and an extensive glossary of stock
- Contains detailed information on more than 14 million U.S.
businesses and 120 million U.S. households. Business data is
gathered from trade publications, annual reports, SEC data and
others, while residential data is taken directly from telephone
white pages and U.S. Census data. Subscription provided by the City of Duluth.
- Regional Business News - comprehensive full text coverage for regional
business publications, incorporating coverage of 75 business
journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and
rural areas within the United States. Updated daily. Part of ELM/Electronic Library for Minnesota;
subscription provided by the State of Minnesota.
- Savings Bonds Value
Calculator - Calculate
Savings bond redemption values for Series E bonds, Series EE
bonds, and Series S notes.
- Savingsbonds.gov - The official source for savings bond
information, including a redemption value calculator.
- Small business information - information on starting, financing
and expanding your business. Searchable by state.
- Sweet's Catalog File - search over 6,000 manufacturers by company,
keyword, and product area.
- Thomas Register - A searchable version of the Thomas Register
that includes over 150,000 companies and 63,000 products.
Finance - Provides current
U.S. and international stock quotes, historical stock prices,
mutual fund lookups, and general personal finance information.
- Zipskinny.com - Demographic profile of any U.S. zip
code from the 2000 census report. See how it compares to neighboring
zip codes, or enter up to 20 other zip codes to information about
income level, racial breakdown, education level, unemployment,
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55802