This is a subject index to articles
appearing in the Duluth News-Tribune between 1988 and 1995.
Only articles of regional (northeastern
Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin) interest are included. The
index does not include wire-service stories on national or international
subjects, very short (one paragraph) articles, or most sports
Click for articles published:
News-Tribune archives) | 1883
- The search fields above can be used in combination to refine your search results. For example, enter a search term and select a start and end date to return any records matching the search term within the dates specified.
- When using the "Search Term" field, there are several operators available to refine your search:
- To match an exact phrase, surround the phrase in double quotation marks.
- Use "AND" between search terms to match all words entered.
- Use "OR" between search terms to match any word.
- The "*" character can be used as a wildcard and stands for any number of characters.
- The "?" character can be used as a wildcard and stands for any single character. For example, searching for "?ar?et" would find both "carpet" and "target".
- When searching by keyword, each word must be found in the title or subject.
- Set the "Max Records" per page before clicking on the "Search" button.
- When searching by title, enter all words exactly as in the beginning of a title or other section of the title, do not leave out common "stop" words such as of, the, or an.
To request a
copy of an article to be mailed to you, click here. There will be a charge of $1.00 for the first
page, and 25 cents for each additional page. The Library will
send you a bill and instructions for payment along with the copy.