Things to Do
Printables - coloring sheets, puzzles, etc.
- American Girl: Fun for Girls - Games, activities, quizzes, and more from American
- Angelina Ballerina - An interactive story that lets you dress Angelina
for her dance recital, decorate the stage, practice the steps,
choose the music, and watch the show. To begin, click on Game,
then Dress Up. There are also mini-posters and coloring pages
to print, e-cards to send, and a description of all the characters
in the Angelina books.
- Art Gallery - Reading and art lessons that expose children
to famous artists such as Vincent van Gogh while teaching them
about compound words and opposites. Suggested for grades K-3.
- Activities and games with Barbie, Polly Pocket, My Scene, and
- Cool Spots - Be the captain of your own Mars adventure, experience
a grueling mountain climb, have fun with kites, and more.
Sites - a list of sites
of famous dollhouses, dollhouse museums and tips for building
Buy It! - Learn how to
be "media smart" with fun activities and information.
Discover advertising tricks that are used to sell products, secrets
used by cover models to look good, and tips for creating your
the Museum of Science, Art, and Human Perception - Follow a crew as they visit Antarctica,
explore the science of your favorite sport, or visit the 1915
Panama Pacific International Exposition in 3-D. There's lots
of great information and fun things to do at this site.
- Funbrain.com - For kids in grades K-8. Games, movie
information, sudoku, web books and comics, "funblogs"
- H.I.P. Pocket Change - Activities including games, cartoons,
and a time machine for those interested in U. S. history or coins
and how they're made. From the U.S. Mint. Requires Flash.
Games - Looking for kids'
games? Jump rope rhymes? How about rules for playground games?
You have come to the right place! More than 200 games and 60
rhymes are organized alphabetically and by category. We hope
this site brings you many happy memories. "A--my name is
Alice, and my husband's name is Al. We live in Alabama. We bring
back apples. . . ."
- Lego Worlds
Kids Mysteries - Mysteries
to solve, scary stories, magic tricks and contests.
- National Geographic Family Xpeditions - New and exciting activities every
- National Kite Month
- April is National Kite Month, and here's a good place to prepare
for it. Find fun facts about kites; lists of kiting events; patterns
and instructions to make your own kites out of copier paper or
paper bags; tips for organizing your own kite festival; and lesson
plans for teachers.
- News Mania
- Are you up on the news? Take this quiz and find out!
Kids Online - Puzzles,
jokes, optical illusions and more.
- Party Game Central: Outdoor Games - It's party time, and this site will
make sure that you and your guests have a blast! Learn how to
play fun games like "Build a Bubble," "Centipedes,"
"Flour Tag," and "Ice Cube Race." Search
the list of 113 games by age, group size, venue (indoors or outdoors),
and activity level (passive to very active). And Party Game Central
doesn't stop with kids' games. You'll also find hundreds of games
for teens, pool parties, bridal showers, baby showers, couples
parties, and holidays. Your party is sure to be a hit!
Modern America 1880-1920: Historical Thinking Exercises for Middle
and High School Students
- Sharpen your observation skills as you decipher clues in photographs
that help you interpret history and learn more about the United
- Pilkey's Web Site O' Fun - Check out author and illustrator, Dav Pilkey...Warning!
Grown-ups need a child's permission before browsing this site!
- The Puzzlemaker - Create your own crossword puzzles, build mazes,
- Rainy Day Resource Page
- Scholastic Kids Fun Online - Games and activities related to books
like Harry Potter, American Girl, Clifford, and Captain Underpants.
- Signing Time! Kids
- Come and play with Rachel, Leah, Hopkins, and Alex as they
teach you sign language with games, songs, and printable coloring
pages. Watch their TV show, Signing Time!, on PBS 8 / WDSE to
have even more fun while learning American Sign Language.
- Sing-Along Tunes Index! - Looking for the words to an old favorite
or a Christmas carol? Can't remember the tune from a movie or
musical? Try this site from NIEHS, the National Institute of
Environmental Health Sciences.
- Smithsonian Kids Collecting - For collectors of stamps, coins, rocks, or just
about anything else. Check out treasures from the Smithsonian
Institute's collection, read about other kids who collect, and
get ideas for building your own collection.
- For those who love words or are looking for a fun way to increase
- Apples 4 the Teacher Coloring Pages - many categories, arranged by month.
Print in black and white or color online and then print your
Book Fun - "the
largest free coloring page site on the Internet."
- Daily Sudoku
- click on "Kids" for a different puzzle each day.
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids Free Printable Coloring
Pages - many categories
of printable pages.
- Family Education Printables Center - printable games, holiday activities,
skill-building worksheets, and more! Search by age level, category
- Free Coloring Pages - arranged by holiday, theme and character.
L'Escargot - this French
site has many pages to print and color.
Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN